1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Go from non heated to heated mirrors?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by drivefaster35, Nov 10, 2010.

1. drivefaster35

drivefaster35 Member
    from iowa

Ok I have a 2001 dodge ram with the fold out tow mirrors it a strait stock chassis truck power nothing!! I really would like to have heated mirrors somehome so I can actually see when I am backing up is this doable? if so how?

2. LawnmastersMike

LawnmastersMike Member

I would like to know the same thing. I was wondering if its possible to put some kind of heating element inside the mirror?

3. drivefaster35

drivefaster35 Member
    from iowa

I think we have to get new heated/powered mirros and the wiring and switch for inside the cab. Sounds like it could become a lot of work but I'm afraid its going to be a must.

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Normally the wires are there for the power options from the factory. They are simpilly not hooked up to anything. Take a pannel off and have a peak. Anyhow you will have to get a new set of mirrors with the defrost sybole and install them. From wiring diagram determine which wires run what and find the ground and the power wire to the defrost. Or, run new wires to a push button switch or older defrost button from a scrapper. Be sure to install a fusable link in the new wiring.