1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

go figure

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy2121, Dec 28, 2011.

1. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Well finally bought a new skidsteer and a new sander for the snow season and low and behold no snow . :realmad:

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

So you're the culprit behind the dry winter, way to go.............:laughing::laughing:
    You guys back east got spoiled last year, it'll come.
    Last year we got next to nothing all season, so far this season we've surpassed what we got all of last year.

So you know pictures of the new toys are expected.Thumbs Up

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

And I thank you for that!

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

From a guy who has seasonals.......at this rate GV you should be getting board just sitting around counting you money. Good for you.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Boy am I happy I didn't buy the tractor I was looking at in September, McCormick MTX120 with 227hrs

6. lawnboy2121

pic of old and new skidsteer

old and new.jpg

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Nice........why did you go to a NH?

8. lawnboy2121

my johndeere is a newnolland with deere stickers and an yanmar motor in it . Johndeere bought them from newholland and my machine is 15 years old and runs great still, plus the newhollands have the best cabs i think

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Ah........after looking at the Deere closer I see it's the same platform.

10. lawnboy2121

I demoed a new deere and didnot like it visibility was not good and very jerky

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

NH does make a nice machine, there arm design lends itself to give so much more leverage and you're right about the cab.
    Another PS member just pickup a new Cat 246 and it's also a nice machine. Like everything it's about local service and dealer support.
    I don't have much call for a skid so when I do either sub it out to a buddy or rent. But now I could use one to move piles of snow after the 14" we got last week at a few property's.

12. lawnboy2121

I hope the new one holds up as good as the old one did. We use them year round so they never sit to long. the new is a little bigger and heavier so i can not wait to see how it is in the snow

13. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

They are made by the same company that’s why. There’s only a few companies that make their own machinery anymore. The only real difference in them are the motors some companies tell the company building there machinery what motors or any other brand recognition items must be place in them. How’s those Lease payments? Hope you have some work for it this summer. Sorry to hear that you ain’t got a lot of snow join the majority of the country. Good/bad winter seasons come in cycles you can never trust it to be the same year in and year out!!! Those ****** national “ NOAA” , Accuweather, Weather Channel weather forecasters said at the end of last season “ they see this kind of weather being around for the next 5-10 years” really way to predict that one Retards!!

14. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

You sound like my 12 year old daughter with comments like these. Your posts sound bitter that you don't have snow to plow or ice to salt. Lets see you step into the position the meteorologist's are in and see if YOU can predict the weather any better! The weather is a ever changing event that can't accurately be predicted. You should know this by now.

15. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

16. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I have been at this for over 20 years bud!!

That makes you the god of all snow plowing? I'll one up on you. I was plowing snow 30 years ago. That doesn't make me any better so what your point? Never mind, don't even bother to answer.

17. lawnboy2121

I run the machine summer and winter bought it do not lease equipment. We have been pushing snow for 60 years we r not the new guys I can go a winter with out any snow just wanted to play with the new machine to see how it stacks up to the old one . I buy machines to use for landscaping and paving not snowplowing except for sanders so if we have them we put them to work in the winter for extra money. Accually winters light this gets rid of the lowballers who cannot make payments and screw up the real plow guys

18. allaspects10

allaspects10 Junior Member

not to mention excessive wheel motor howl

19. lawnboy2121

they r nice looking machines until u have to get in one and work

20. IDST

IDST Senior Member

I love the speed of the hydralics in the NH. I had a LS170 and wish I never sold that thing.