1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Go door to door or contracts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by oldschoo, May 26, 2007.

1. oldschoo

oldschoo Senior Member

I know this is way ahead of time, but I'm into the lawn care biz now and am wondering how to get ready for winter. Should I try to get contracts with my current LC clients ( even though they all pay per time)? Or should I just go out as I did last year door to door and with flyers?
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Get together a permanent client list, maybe starting out with your lawn care clients. Come up with a charge rate & contract to CYA, and begin networking with people you already know (current clients already know you & know your work -- they are the best people to start the word of mouth). Tell them that you're looking to expand & maybe offer a little incentive for referrals (ie: a free plowing or $20 off the first plowing for every new contract from referrals). As for charging (I saw the other thread), you'll have to check your market for IN -- never lowball the competition (we hate that around here!). Charge the going rate & offer excellent service -- that's how you make money. Good luck!