1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Go Buy a Sectional Plow Now

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by ZoomByU, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ZoomByU

ZoomByU Member

I got to use one of our two that we just got this year and it is amazing. I did three lots in nearly half the time it would take a truck. We salted right after and the lot looked perfect. We went back later that night to salt again b/c it was still snowing and the lot was still clean and only needed salt where the snow blew. They maybe more expensive but you definitely will make that money back in productivity of this plow. The one feature I would like to see on the plow is maybe a back drag edge, otherwise every feature on it is ingenious.

2. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

How much is one of these plows? I have looked into it. i got a couple big payloader that i might set up with.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I emailed them 2 times and left two messages, and still no reply. Biz must be good.

5. MagnumB

MagnumB Junior Member

Is there an unwritten rule that no one can say how much these are? every forum I go to that mentions these no one will just post a price.

Can anyone toss out an estimate for a 8 or 10' unit? I can't get a hold of these guys either.

Thanks in advance.

6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

they are about 2-3 times the cost of a standard pusher. Dont quote me on that though but I think the 6 grand range for them. I saw someone post a price a long while back And I beleive that was the cost for a 10 or 12 foot pusher

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

FWIW.......I got a quote 3 or 4 years ago for close to $5500 for a 10ft skid steer model......that was in the fall, I would imagine their prices are better in the spring/summer

8. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I have had the same responce as Jonny Royal, 2 emails, 1 phone call. Yet to get a call, email etc on pricing. I have a hard time dropping that kind of $$$ with out any confidence that I can get a hold of them when needed. There are a lot of moving parts (trip edge + floating sections + floating end plates), no dealer support (you buy factory direct) which means your on your own for parts locally, which to means they REALLY NEED to be there to support there product. The parts I have heard of breaking is the rubber blocks mainly, you can't just go into Lowes & buy them (its not a nut or bolt, or other common thing) I like the concept, have seen nothing but good reviews, just can't see spending the $$$ with out the support.

9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

If anyone needs one of these, I can talk to my dealer. I know he upgrades his personal boxes every 2 years. I have a 12ft on reserve for next season. His used ones are in great shape, and discounted quite a bit.

I know he has 10 through 14ft models in stock and you can get extra blocks from him as well. He send his guys to Chicago every week or so to pick up new boxes during the winter. So getting blocks isn't a big deal.

I can also say. We havn't ever had problems with any parts other than blocks. We had new cutting edges made. Saved $30 per edge doing it our selves. We had a shoe wear down, so we had one made. Was only $120 to do it.

I had trouble with breaking blocks early in the season. We went through at least 3 per storm in early december. So total we broke 12 or 15 blocks. Our dealer tried to keep up with our problem, but I ended up having to order a case of them just to have them on hand. It cost over $1100 for the case (24 blocks) Since we got the case, I have only gone through 3.

J.

10. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I am strongly considering one of these plows, but with all of the blocks breaking im a little worried. Can you still plow with one broke??

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Yes. You just need to take a bit more care with it. If you break 2 on 1 pannel, you're screwed.

We always seem to break the top rubbers on the outer pannels. We have had one top break on each outside, and still been able to finish out the night. We have found that the older the block is, the more likely it will break. Another thing, is that if a pusher has sit out in the sun, the blocks will break down due to exposure. They will get strechy and break the first time out. We are going to store them all covered in some way this year. Either inside, or stacked under a roof of some sorts.

We haven't had near as many breaks since we changed out all our seriously aged blocks. We were breaking 1 to 3 blocks per storm in early December, We switched out the bad ones, and have only broke one since January 1st.

My boxes are older units, so mine don't have trip edges. I know for a fact that the newer ones that have trips, don't break as many blocks. My new 12ft has trips, so we'll see how it does.

Arctics aren't a normal box. You need to relean how to use these. You can't run these like you stole them. You can drop them on a lot and go, but once you get to the pile you need to slow down and lift. The damage comes when you try to stack. It puts to much twist on the blocks and they just can't take that. Thats where the relearn comes into play. We still stack, but its done a bit different. Alot slower and more carefull. But the slow down at the pile is nothing compaired to how much faster we can go with these in a lot. Its just not anything I can explain, you need to run one to understand.

Don't let the small problems fool you. These boxes are the real deal. They clean way better than any other brand, and thats worth a few small head aches to me.

J.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  12. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

What are blocks? I bought a Topkick dump truck from them and am 100 % happy. I have called on a Sunday and gotten an answer. I toured the facility and saw the sectionals up close. Just not sure what the blocks are.

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I have about 16 plows on mine and I've only broke 2 rubbers.

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Do yours have trip also?

15. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Blocks are the rubbers, The black rubber/urathane blocks that connect the blade sections to the main frame.

Dave. My 3 10fts are older style non-trips. My new 12ft will have trips.

Dealer is also trying to talk me into an 8ft. I'll just have to see. Maybe you can help me get a deal at SIMA? lol

J.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  16. postoak551

postoak551 Junior Member

Contact info problems please help

I tried emailing the sectional plow people and the link doesn't work. I tried calling but perhaps the toll free number doesn't work from Canada. I tried 411 ing them and I come up with nothing. These guys may have a good product but what good is it if you can't reach them? At least the video is nice to watch.

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What do you want, I can help you. I also have blades for you to view if you interseted.

18. foxracing599

foxracing599 Junior Member

DAVE, do you have yourself, or access to, skidsteer 8footer sectional snowplow or a 10footer compact tractor sectional snowplow?if so how much and where are you located?

19. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Redstroker the dealer nearest you is in Lincoln. Titan Machinery 402-464-3711.