1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Go an odd call today...anyone else?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yardatwork, Nov 9, 2010.

1. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

So, I receive a call today on my cell phone. It was an unknown, out-of-state number so I did not answer the call. I look the number up on Google and it comes up "Fisher Engineering" in Rockland, Maine. I then Google "Fisher Engineering Rockland" and low and behold...It's "Fisher Plows". Anyone else get a call from them? Was this a random mistake by Fisher or have they been on this site looking people up and soliciting them? Just curious. Just found it odd that I do snow removal and get called by a major snow plow company.

2. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Have you bought something from fisher, maybe a purchase follow up ?

3. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

Nope...don't have anything Fisher.

4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Maybe they wanted to sponsor you and supply you with free new plows !!!!

5. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

I will accept that endorsement!!!

6. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Have you bought any western products?

7. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

I have a Western UniMount plow. But I bought it used. However, I upgraded from a 1991 Chevy to a 2006 Chevy and had to upgrade the mount, lights, wiring, etc. That was two years ago though...went to my Western dealer for all that stuff.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Why not call em back if you have the #?

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yeah really.

10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

definately call back and let us know what they say!

11. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

You must be on some list ie. Insurance policy or trade magazine subscription warranty registration etc etc. Not a big mystery.

12. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

:laughing: You guys are all nuts! :laughing: It's hard enough getting a call back from them, let alone for them to contact you out of the blue! Chances are, they called the wrong number.

13. plowatnight

plowatnight Senior Member
    from Mn

OK, ..I'm Nuts

14. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Next time just answer the damn phone!!!

15. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

As VP of Sales, headquartered in Rockland, your post has me just as curious as you. If I had to guess, it would be one of a few possibilities.

The first would be a call from our Customer Service team in the event that you may have purchased one of our products, and there was a critical piece of information left off the registration card that we were trying to capture. When those come back to us, we enter all of the information into a larger database.

The other two possiblities, would be purely a coincidence where one of our Customer Service Reps was calling one of our dealers and simply mis-dialed, or one of our Purchasing Agents was calling one of our suppliers (we have a large one in Reading) in your area, and simply mis-dialed.

Other then that, not sure I could shed any more light. We do not make unsolicitied telemarketing calls to users, owners, etc.

Hope that helps in some way.

John Murphy
    VP, Sales
    Douglas Dynamics

16. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Thanks John for that reply.

17. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

AHHH you have way to much time on ur hands if you google #'s you dont on ur cell. Or why not just call them back rather than start a thread asking if anyone else got a call from them . lol.

I got a call from a bill collector today , did anyone else get one? I wounder what they wanted lol .

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

19. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

hahahahaha Ryan hahahahaha potential customer maybe?

Honestly, the way we work up here is if we know you have a different plow other than a Yella one, we hunt you down take your plow and force you to buy a nice yella one yessah

20. RepoMan207

from Maine

:laughing: :laughing: I thought you were painting yours Red in protest. :drinkup: