1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GM's DRL System vs. Fisher's 29070 & 29070-1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RepoMan207, Oct 1, 2009.

1. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

For sake of future searches:
    This is a question regarding the 3 port Module 29070 VS. 29070-1 & GM's DRL system.

I am rewiring my 02 GMC 2500 HD for the newer 3 Port Iso Module system. During my research and gathering of parts I came acrossed two options for my 3 port module. The 29070 & the 29070-1 .....I got to thinking, whats the difference?, Fisher's E Match indicated DRL (Daytime Running Lights) as the selected option ruling out that possibility. After digging further I couldn't find anything here other then a rumored recall, so I continued to Google & Fisher. Fisher turned up the following, however I need help deciphering what style DRL's my particular truck has. So for all of you GM guru's out there (MIKE!) How does my 99-02 GMC DRL's operate?

2121.jpg

2121.jpg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

In your case it's makes no difference Ryan. The use of either one will work exactly the same, your truck is old enough.

3. RepoMan207

from Maine

Awesome, good to hear. Thanks Mike.

With my current hard wire setup the smaller DRL's stay on when the plow is plugged in. I think somehow it is overheating the bulbs as I had to replace the whole assembly over the summer as well as the actual socket. I went to change a bulb and it disintegrated in my hand. Is this normal for my style & age truck over time, or is it most likely caused by a ....faulty wiring job maybe?

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

I take that back, it was my park lights that stay on. But I still have that overheating issue with the DRL's

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Both your park and DRL's will remain illuminated on the truck with the plow connected as they should. They will also remain working that way when you update to the Iso module wiring.

The park and DRL light sockets crumbling in your hand isn't at all uncommon. Over years of use the heat of the bulbs crystallizes the plastic making it brittle. I've replaced many crumbling sockets over the years myself. Just the nature of the beast.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Much appreciated Mike. Thank you.