1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gmc03 gmc 06 swap

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stanza, Sep 21, 2006.

1. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

i want to trade in my 03 gmc 2500 hd extended cab for a 06 crew cab 2500 hd.
    the 03 has a western 8' pro on it. will it fit the 06 2500 hd?
    the 06 got the snow plow pkg in it, is the frame the same?
    thanks

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

The push plates are the same, and I believe all the wiring is the same as well.

3. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

The frame on the 06 crew is a bit longer than the 03 extended but as long as it has the plow prep on it, it'll handle it just fine. :drinkup:

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Right, and this could account for more sag in the front, but I think he was referring to the plow mounts being the same. The push plates for 03-06 GM 2500HD trucks are all the same, while 01-02 are a different type.

5. JLK 1500

JLK 1500 Junior Member

i think that someone has miss informed you. there is no such thing as a snow plow prep on a crew cab. its only offered on the standard cab and the extended models. i have a 06 2500 hd that i ordered and could not get the snow plow prep on it.

6. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

You can get a plow prepped crew cab with a 6.0 gasser motor. Not the diesel.

7. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

06 crew w/ plow prep

yes, i bought it and the sticker says snowplow prep.

8. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Why are you using my logo?:gunsfiring:

9. stanza

stanza Member
    from cny

see join date

using since 09/2003:salute: