1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC W4500/W5500 plow mounts

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by evilboweviel, Jul 29, 2009.

1. evilboweviel

evilboweviel Junior Member

wanting to buy a GMC\Chevrolet W4500\W5500 diesel, auto, have a 10' dump installed on it.
    ??? is dealer says no mounts for a Western plow, prefer a WideOut have one on a 1 ton dually pickup. fantastic plow and want another one
    any body have info on what mount or how to do this?

Thanks
    Ron

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Call another dealer because the one you called doesnt know JACK!

Go to westerns site and run the "Quick Match" , pretty much any blade that you want for the 4500/5500 is available in the ultra mount.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

See a few 4500s around her with Fishers on them.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yeah, definately mounts available for that truck.

5. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

W series Trucks

There are NO mounts available for a W series 4500/5500. The other posters are thinking of the C 4500/5500 Trucks. I was just at the seasonal update course and I specifically asked this question!!! They are not planning on building a mount at this time either (not enough demand according to them)
    HOWEVER any decent fabrication shop can build a mount to fit.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Whoops, I was confused between the Big W and the Big C

7. Crash935

Yup, my bad!!!!

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yup, me too!

9. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I have never seen a gmc w4500 with a plow(cabover) but a friend of mine has a ford LCF and he has a 9 ft proplus on it

10. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

Nestech is correct a good fab shop can build you a mount. We tend to do more boss fab's on cab overs, but it shouldn't be a big problem.

11. Crash935

Sounds like he needs to make a trip to Erie.

12. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Crash mount any plows yet? Just did one Sunday. Real nice not slushing around under a truck. Have to take advantage of the weather when you can.

13. A Man

A Man Senior Member

This is mine, local fab shop did the install,was fairly simple as far I could tell.

Plow snowfort pics 025.jpg

14. evilboweviel

evilboweviel Junior Member

looks good
    unfortunately since GMC is out of the medium truck business, I am not allowed to buy one.
    Looks like it will be a Ford F350 dually pickup 4x4 or a F550 stake bed 4x4.
    still want the Wide-Out plow and possibly liquid deicer, may end up with a v-box.

Thanks for all the help

Ron

15. Crash935

Nope, not yet. Guess im going to have to light a fire under my dealers backside after i get a 5th wheel hitch in dads truck so he can move his newly aquired camper out from in front of the garage door.