1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC Troubles.......:(

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by SnowPro93, Dec 22, 2008.

1. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Well last storm I had my first casualty truck wise. My 93 1500(my personal truck) completely quick on me.:cry: No dash lights, nothing going to the starter, just plain old died. I smelled an electrical burnout somewhere but i couldn't find anything in the middle of the storm. What is weird the light under the hood was on and my headlights worked. No taillights or anything. I put a quick presumption that the starter burned out but I have a feeling thats not the only thing thats going to rear its ugly head. Any suggestions? I'm completely stumped.:confused:

2. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Did you check your fuses?

3. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Ya i checked all the fuses none of them were blown. My plow works(electric), again the under the hood light and my headlights work but other than that i got nothing....still stumped

4. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Check your fusable links.

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

fusible link near the batt burn in half? if 2 batts, is one dead? if yes, put jumper cables to both batts and try it. take cables from a good battery or another truck and put + to the starter solenoid post out to starter. if nothing go to the + post right to the starter. put - to the engine and then the starter case or bolt.

just for kicks put on some safety gasses or shades.

6. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Well guys my truck lives to die another day!:) Is was a burnout on one of the fusible links...so now i'm off to the parts store to get a breaker fuse and redo them all.....thanks for all the help