1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gmc recall

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Michigansnowkin, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Michigansnowkin

Michigansnowkin Member

Has anyone heard about a recall on 08-09 Gmc trucks. I think its a part located under the driver seat. Something causing electrical problems. I'm scheduled to take mine in next week. Just though id let everyone know.

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I just got the same letter...

=================================================================

We have learned that your 2008 model year Chevrolet Silverado may have a condition where an electronic component located beneath the driver's seat may corrode due to a significant quantity of snow and/or water containing road salt or other contaminants entering the vehicle and saturating the acoustical padding beneath the carpet. Your vehicle's electronic sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) is located underneath this acoustical padding. If sufficient moisture collects and is retained in the padding, it may cause excessive corrosion under the module; compromising the module seal and allowing water intrusion and system malfunction. This may result in illumination of the Airbag Readiness light, along with a "Service Airbag" message on the Driver Information Center, and in rare cases, deployment of the seat belt pretensioner and/or airbags.

Your satisfaction with your Silverado is very important to us, so we are announcing a program to prevent this condition.

What We Will Do: Your Chevrolet dealer will remove the acoustical padding above the SOM. This service will be performed for you at no charge.

What You Should Do: To limit any possible inconvenience, we recommend that you contact your Chevrolet dealer as soon as possible to schedule an appointment for this repair.

=================================================================

In rare cases, deployment of the airbag???? :eek:

Nice... :rolleyes:

"Your Chevrolet dealer will remove the acoustical padding above the SOM."
    So, it sounds like they're going to hack a big hole in my carpet and call it good. WTF...??

3. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

There are many body issues with the NBS truck. The connector is just one of them. Have you fixed the leak that comes in from your fresh air vent??? That is a special one :cry:

4. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

just brought my truck in for the heated wiper recall and they did that one also it is under the drivers seat and all they do is rip a piece of sound proofing insulation off the top of the air bag sensor so water or salt wont get into it i think is what it is hope it helped

5. cubicinches

What year is your truck? My buddy had an '07 GMC Denali that got recalled for the heated wiper fluid. My Silverado is an '08 and I never got anything about the wiper fluid system. Just wondering if maybe I missed something.

6. Michigansnowkin

Michigansnowkin Member

Cubicinches is 100 % right. What he said is what I am going in for. The years im not 100% sure about, I will try and find out more and do a re-post. If you have one id get it checked out.

7. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

sorry forgot to mention it is a 2007

8. cubicinches

Thanks. I think the heated washer fluid recall was only on the '07s. That makes me feel a little better. :)

9. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

To check if you have any recalls and you have OnStar, simply press the blue button. HAHA. I just did and Im in the clear.