1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gmc project power steering ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ez2nv, Sep 3, 2011.

1. ez2nv

ez2nv Junior Member

93 3500 4x4 project. diesel engine long gone. put in an older but rebuilt 454 and rebuilt 4l80e. question is i put older style brackets (diesel brackets no fit)and resevoir for power steering, but truck comes with 3 hoses, which 2 do i use for resevoir? truck has a cooler for steering but i can bypass if need to. also any idea on what size carb to use. need to get this ready for the plow season. thanks alot, bob
  2. Dakota Dave

Dakota Dave Member

You need that third hose for your hydro boost brakes. the hose with a clamp is the return line it should be "T"ed underneath. bothe Hard lines the ones with Flared fitting both connect. You need the diesel pump or you'll have NO Brakes.
  3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

You can get a bracket for the 454. You need all three hoses though to run the brakes. Both the diesel and the gas have hydroboost brakes.