1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC plow prep pkg?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by powerjoke, Jan 2, 2008.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i just took delivery of our new GMC and it has plow prep group: dual altenators, winter cover (front), wiring for roof mounted beacon, skid plates, and wiring to the front for plow lights

my Q is where is the wiring for the plow lights and what do you have to do to get them up and runnin
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

i ran into similar trouble finding wires on the new body style. I went to the local dealer cuz I wanted to know where the wires for the beacon light ran through the truck, and they didn't know. Information still seems to be scarce for the new style. I don't remember mine having plow light wiring listed for the plow prep? I would assume a socket right near the actual lights. I'll look in the morning as we are putting strobes in.
  3. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

4. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

i looked today and it seems to me that they are right behind the lights, that's where everything is tied in. The lights are a )*(&$5 to get out.
  5. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

here is how you get to the beacon wires

take a pocket knife and release the clear dome light lense

remove the 2 torx screws that is directly underneath the lense

pull straight down on the fromt of the console and it will "snap"

and the light wire is the green+ and the black-

i just ran mine through the rear 3rd tailight

B&B helped me on the headlight harness

That is a wierd website.LOL i was there earlier today and found it hard to navigate so i called the number (800 875 4742) and they have been closed for the holidays since dec-14 LOL:dizzy:
  6. red2500

red2500 Junior Member

Thanks. The previous post helped alot. I made 3 jpgs of the pages from the upfitter manual to make it easier for others to find.