1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC K1500 72-87 Meyers mount help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Tswami, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Tswami

Tswami Junior Member

I bought an older style mount from what I can tell, It has two brackets that attached to the frame, the bottom cross bar and the pump/light mount. I am putting it on a 1987 k1500 and I cannot find any instructions on where to mount it. I found the actual instructions from Meyers but it doesnt say where to attach it to the frame.

I took one of the brackets and put it on the frame like it goes and pushed it all the way back to the axle bump stop behind the crossmember because its flat and would keep it at a 90 degree while drilling etc. Well with both brackets there they are too far apart to mount the bottom piece and when the plow is all installed it wont rise high enough.

Does anyone have any pictures of the underside of a GMC/Chevy truck Blazer of Suburban I can see to get some ideas? I'll post up some pictures of where I have it currently if that will help.

2. mcquin35

mcquin35 Junior Member

I customized same one to fit 1999 GMC 1500. I pulled tow hooks and that is one hole. You need tube to fill snub so you dont crush frame snub. I drilled one more hole to mount to frame. I also made lower support tubes. I have a extra clevis for that. If I can load pics, I will try to upload tomorrow.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  3. mcquin35

mcquin35 Junior Member

Sorry busy today I will try next couple days.
  4. mcquin35

mcquin35 Junior Member

Here a some pics