1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Quality SR, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I see that there is no GMC Truck Forum. I had a question to anyone who owns one. I am really close to buying a 2007 GMC 2500 HD 4 door, 6' 6" box.(Classic not the 2007 1/2) It doesn't come with the plow prep. He said " all the prep package is heavy duty front suspension,and i can put it on my self to save the money. He also told me that the front end is a little low and all i have to do is tighten the torsion bars about a 1"- 1 1/2" and it will work fine. If anyone has any info let me know. Also I will be hooking up a 8' Western Ultra mount pro plow. I am signing the papers on Monday 3/26.
    Thanks in advance
    Rich

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Hey, there is a GMC forum, just under the Chevy Truck forum. They are the same thing:p Post it there and you will receive more response

3. Lawn Care Plus

Lawn Care Plus Senior Member

I woul check into the warranty issues if yo ubuy without plow prep package and then install a plow.

Tim

4. mak

mak Junior Member

plow prep package I think gives you a 100 amp alternator too. Call a different dealer and ask them. Make sure it has a trans cooler.

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

A plow prep also comes with dual batteries and a roof switch, bigger alt, trans cooler. Am I missing anything guys?

Regards Mike

6. Quality SR

I thought I checked but ill look again thanks

7. Quality SR

They said it wouldnt be a proplem

8. Quality SR

All he said was the heavy duty suspension. I asked about the alternator, and batteries. They said if I wanted to i could buy the plow through them with the plow prep. But for all that money. I dont know, i am just rather the dealer install it

9. Quality SR

Kelly: I just checked the gmc Website and this is what i found...
    SNOW PLOW PREP PACKAGE
    Snow Plow Prep Package, includes 10-amp power for backup and roof emergency light, (KG3) 145-amp alternator, high-flow front bumper, forward lamp wiring harness, 1.65" (42 mm) access hole with grommet in front of dash panel, roof beacon lamp provisions with switch on the instrument panel, instrument panel jumper wiring harness for electric trailer brake controller, (K47) high-capacity air cleaner and (NZZ) Skid Plate Package (VYU)

I'll bring this up with him on monday.

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

The dual batteries must be new for the new style trucks. My 01 has the factory plow prep on it and only has the single battery.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Also includes a heavy duty fan clutch, which you WILL need. If you do buy the non plow prep truck, make sure you get it in writing that they will cover the warranty with a plow installed. DO NOT RELY ON A VERBAL AGREEMENT!

12. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi William
    Every GM plow truck I have bought has had dual batteries, must just had been a option that was on both my trucks.

Regards Mike