1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC fascia cutting?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by The PuSher MaN, Mar 12, 2011.

1. The PuSher MaN

The PuSher MaN Senior Member

IF one was trying to mount a boss standard duty on a 2005 GMC sierra 1500 how badly does the front fascia need to be butchered? Is there just two notches or a whole chunk that has to be cut out of the bottom? I havent been able to find a good enough pic of what I am looking for so if you could post one that would be great.

Thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have a 04 2500hd and I didn't have to cut mine. I have 285 tires and the T-bars cranked though. If you crank your T-bars you should be fine. Just tuck the mount up to the bottom of the bumper and then crank the t-bars.

3. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

You have a half ton that sits pretty close to the ground, you are going to have to cut the bumper quiet a bit, the problem is when you get rid of the truck, going to be 2 big cuts in the plastic.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Crank the T-bars. Its the easiest route for you.

5. jgsxr750

jgsxr750 Member

you still will need to cut the front. I had an 2005 1500 silverado and had to make 2 cuts under the tow hooks for the western mounts. but when you want ot sell the truck take mounts off and replace front for about $100 from the Gmpartsdirect.com website. problem solved.
    P.S.
    i cranked the t-bars also and installed timbrens but still had to cut the front. Frames on 1500's are shallow compared to 2500's. my friends 2500 we didnt need to cut anything.

6. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

Doesn't work that way on '03+ GMC's, not just a $110 lower valance like on '99'-02 GM's, it is a plastic painted bumper. You have to cut the crap out of the bumper, it sucks! No getting around it, start looking for a used one to paint and install when you sell your truck.

7. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

ON MY OLD SIERRA Sorry for the caps Weingartz F***ed up my bumper they cut the whole area for the mount out when really they should of just notched it out.
    I was pissed! Because it was sooooooo hard to sell that truck!

bumper.jpg

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

That's why I do installs myself. Those guys don't care about cutting trucks apart. I see a lot of 03+ gmcs with the whole middle front bumper just cut right out for the mounts. It looks ugly then.

9. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah An they wire everything into the truck where its not supposed to be! Thats why i took our Kodiak to Monroe Truck in flint for the plow install. I didnt even bring them the plow yet they Managed to Install the under carriage (w/o Cutting my whole bumper!). They also wired everything Correctly into where its supposed to be!