1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC Canyon

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by vincent, Nov 9, 2008.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

2008 canyon
    2yr old boss sport duty with snow ex spreaders. Added headache rack, rotator, cat lights, inside cab is a whelen led. Also added tranny cooler and waiting for the timbrens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

That will be a very productive smaller truck. Nice Tires! and very clean setup

3. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

How much were thows CAT lights?

4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

have you used those wide tires? I run 31x10.5's on my truck during the summer but found I was floating too much on the snow with them. I switched to a narrow snow tire and i'm much happier now.

Either way, nice looking truck

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice! Good luck this winter :drinkup:

6. vincent

vincent Senior Member

$38 each at the local cat dealer. Also the tires are brand new, have never used this wide of tire.

Can't wait for the snow

7. brbcbrent

brbcbrent Member

Sharp looking rig vincent! I'm curious to see the interior - how you set-up your control center.

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

that is one bad*** canyon if I must say myself

9. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

Thats the first canyon I've ever liked.

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Very nice looking setup but like others have said you are going to want a set of skinnier tires for winter to cut through the snow rather than float on top of it. Those mud tires are great for just that, mud, not snow. Trust me on this one. I've tried to plow with wide tires before and just got frustrated after the first storm. Keep your current tires for the summer!

11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That thing is sweet :nod:! I kinda want one now. What king of mileage do you get?

12. vincent

vincent Senior Member

I will finish the switch panel this week and get the pics. Im using the hand control from boss. Also added a "a pillar pod" to hold the volt meter and tranny temp gauge.

Even though I agree on the tire comment, I couldn't pass the deal I got on them. Im sure a lesson will be learned the hard way here.

As far as mileage goes, I really haven't had it on a trip so to speak yet, but around town, Im getting about 17. It has the I-5 with automatic, G80 rearend.

13. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice Truck

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sick driveway rig. That's one of the best looking colorados/canyons I have seen.

15. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

If you want a recommendation for an awesome cheap winter tire for that truck look into the Firestone Winterforce tires. Got mine @ sears last year for $68/ea. I put them on a cheap-o set of rims i picked up for $40.

16. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice rig. My buddys got one and I call him for small drive.

17. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice ride, I showed my wife, she thought it looked pretty good, but she still won't let me hang a blade on her 07 Canyon. It was worth a try.:(

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great lookin truck!:salute:

19. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

I agree, this is the the first Canyon that has actually impressed me. Looks great! I ran a set of 33x12.50 SS TSL's on a K-5 Blazer w/ a 8' Fisher. Tires were ok for plowing, but definately not great. If you plow any off pavement or "soft surface" areas, be very careful until the ground freezes, these tires LOVE to dig!!! Best of luck this year.

20. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

So I was gonna criticize this "Ad" for not having a sale price, until I realized you weren't selling! Care to reconsider?