1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gmc 98 k2500 for sale?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dlstelma, Feb 28, 2010.

1. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

Haven't really thought about selling it, but I've had plenty of interest from this site and others. If the price is right, I'd, "let it go."

Here are the basic stats:
    139k miles
    3.7 ratio
    beige, cloth interior (like new)
    bucket seats
    heavy duty front torsion bars (not the plow package)
    polished aluminum wheels and tires for the summer
    (what you see is the winter set-up...pics taken today)
    The truck has been well taken care....almost excessively. I doubt you'll find another 98 in better condition.
    mobil 1 syn oil changes

I know it's kind of ridiculous asking for a price site unseen, but I'm asking anyways...what do you think it's worth?
  2. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

Niiiiice Truck !
  3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

$8-10,000 It's a really nice truck! You'd sell it fast. I have one very similar, but not nearly as nice.
  4. WIPensFan

I was a little high. Blue booked it at $6100.00 for Private Party in my area.
  5. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

i would say a 5-6k truck, then add a little for as clean as yours looks in the pics, so probably in the 7k range.
  6. tojay22

tojay22 Member

are you selling it with the plow? let me know. im interested.
  7. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

So are you selling it or just bull$hittin? I've drooled over this truck even since you posted the first pics of it. Youve taken way to good of care to be selling it, I think you just getting a feeler!!!
  8. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Posi rear? Plow?
  9. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

I've got a number that it's worth to me. I want to see if others are close. It has been cared for it's entire life. It would be hard to let it go. And, it would be a higher price than the ones posted earlier.

It has the locking differential and I would probably sell it with out the plow. The Western Pro (7.5ft straight) mount and wiring kit would stay with her....otherwise, I'd be adding another $4.5k to the price. The plow is brand new (professionally installed) this summer.
  10. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

You might as well keep it, you have taken real good care of it, I wouldnt want somebody else to have it if it was mine!
  11. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

also, it has an aftermarket catback exhaust. when i bought it (12-13 yrs ago with a younger mind set), the exhaust did not have the right tone. so, i added a borla....only the best with this truck.
  12. firehall1

firehall1 Junior Member

how much?? pics of plow
  13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a very nice truck. What tires/wheels are the spares? It's worth more to you, and maybe even the buyer. But if it gets cracked up, insurance doesn't care how much it's been "loved"

Which rear axle does it have? Are the injectors original?
  14. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

3.73 rear end.
    original injectors.
    summer tires-Goodyear ATS (Original model) mounted on eagle alloy wheels. These tires are getting worn. I probably will replace them this summer.
  15. WIPensFan

That's the big problem with taking good care of your vehicles, you're the only one who thinks they should be worth more than they are. I've been there, done that.
  16. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

VERY nice! I love that body style.....
  17. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

PM sent. I will take it. Start shopping for a new one.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Keep it, realistically it's only worth $7K max with the plow. To give you an idea I bought my 99' 2 years ago with 100,100 miles and a new Curtis on it. It's clean as clean as yours I don't know but I got it for $5,400. All I had to do was put tires on it. So I was into it for $5,900.
  19. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Ugh I love that truck black ex cab 2500 in that OBS body style my god thats nice

Just an idea I have been eyeing up this one in NH for about a month he wants $5200 for his 1995 yours is worth much more

Good luck selling it,I'm jealous of whoever buys this off you
  20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

He doesn't list the mileage or trim level. So I'm guessing it's high, and low/med.

That truck might be worth that money. Depends if the plow is in as good shape as it looks, and the condition of the body. It's an underhood pump, which is nice. But old. I'm guessing the plow is as old as the truck. But the TBI engines are no where near as desirable as the Vortecs IMO.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010