1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gmc 6500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Longae29, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

2. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Looks good to me, you could haul a good amount of snow in that truck.

3. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

looks good. going to have to get a different tailgate set-up though. idk if you can get a regular swing gate instead of the barn door style. my recommendation would be to not get the barn door style. they are a pain in the snow.

4. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

I agree on the rear gate, if you can swap it out, life would be a lot easier. Also make sure that the lift cylinder is rated high enough to be able to lift that bed with a full load of snow. Sweet looking truck and a great potential money maker.

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You may need to add another axle.

Besides snow what else would you use that for?

Way too much box for the truck IMO.

6. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

whats the water content like in your average snowfall? tat will affect the weight and how much you can hold. assuming your tear will be somewhere around 12,000lbs so that leaves 14,000lbs left for snow

7. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

what he said!

8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

We have a mechanic, so adding an axle wouldn't be that bad...

Besides snow in the summertime we could use it for hauling mulch, picking up shrubs, etc.

The cost of the truck I guess is the most attractive as opposed to buying a quad axle.

We are currently subcontracting out 3 quad axles to haul our snow for us for this season, our 4700s and Kodiak dont have big enough boxes to efficiently haul snow.