1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC 6500 Tandem Dump

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Metro Lawn, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Tandem Axle GMC C6500 Dump Truck V8 gas - manual trans, 10 new tires ($2000), power steering, truck has hydraulic brakes not air brakes (no air brake endorsement needed), Includes tarp kit and asphalt chute. Truck has been a summer work truck. Never used for plowing or salting. Runs good. John (586) 634-2904 Truck is very solid. $4500

mt64aaa.jpg

2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

plan your route in conjunction with gas stations!!!!!!

i have a 366 gasser and when you hit a 1/4 tank thats panic mode, better find one real soon or your in big big trouble.

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

That's a helpful post

4. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

its a gas engine in a dump, no one is getting fooled.

Its cheap and it will haul just as much as a 50k dollar diesel dump. Now ive been a help.

5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

That's perfect for a salt truck or landscape install business that isn't driving it all the time. Look what drizzle cost now, I would never see a ROI in the cost, let alone if you don't block the air off they don't get hot enough most of the time here to reach optimal efficiency. My friend has a 7.3 deisel and a 5.4 gas, in winter both get about same milage around town.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

If you were closer, I would take a look at it! Whats the year and GVW? I've never seen one that's a tandem and juice brakes before

7. Metro Lawn

The truck is a 1973 and it should be 46k gvw 32k rear and 14k front. Truck is pretty clean as it has never been used in the winter. Spent its whole life as an asphalt truck for a very small local company. He said it would haul 12 ton of asphalt and pull his roller. The brakes are air assisted hydraulic

8. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

why r u selling?

9. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't of thought it was that old

10. Metro Lawn

We don't use it much. The guys usually use the 5 yd dump and this one ends up sitting. I am the only one that drives it. I used it 3 times last summer. I want a loader, so I am trying to make some room.

dumpx2.jpg