1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gmc 6500 cant find a plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by supreme stone, Mar 8, 2010.

1. supreme stone

supreme stone Junior Member
    from ontario

does anyone know who makes a plow for a 2003 gmc 6500 or how to modify a plow to fit. i spoke to the plow commpanies and they say no one makes one for that truck.

2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Boss 10' V Blade!

3. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I have the same truck and have a unimount style 10' from Arctic Snow & Ice Control. The same company that makes the Sectional pushers.

4. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Any decent equipment shop can fab it up in a day. We have a lot of medium duty trucks up here with plows that you won't find in any application book.

:cool:

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

You didn't speak probably to the heavy truck plow companies like Frink.I had an older 6500 with all factory made mounts--it was a nice 10'er,manual angle---that's when men were men and sheep were nervous.:)

6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

fisher MC series

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Fisher, a neighbor of mine has a Xtreme V on his.

8. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  9. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

Boss and Western 10ft. Plows you have to fabricate the truck side mounts. They sell a universal kit which is the push bar, pre-drilled plates, and large angle iron that you have to cut, weld and bolt to the truck frame. I did a F-650 last fall, it took me about 12 hours to build and mount the truck side.

10. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare Member

Blizzard 8611 pp

11. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Exactly. For example...you probably won't find this on Blizzard's website.

But this truck is *sexy*... (Tovar's, BTW...actually has seven of these, I think)

:D

salt-truck.JPG