1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC 4X4 issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dewey, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

I have a 99 GMC with the 6.5 Diesel in it with an auto Transmision...I had the transmission rebuilt a couple of weeks ago... While in the shop I had them replace a seal and change fluid in the transfercase.... Since then when I shift the Tcase into 4 HI It takes longer than it used to, and doesn't stay in 4X4 it will go in and pop out and sometimes stay out. If I put it in 4 Lo it seems to be ok... I took it back and they adjusted the linkage and thought it was ok... But it is not... Any ideas what else to look for ??

2. Rusty Silence

Rusty Silence Senior Member

If you google the problem you'll find it's pretty common. I've looked into it before but don't remember what it was.

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like the roller ball swith on the transfer case....also check that it is still properly plugged in