1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC 3500 price

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Krunt, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Krunt

Krunt Junior Member

I just inherited a plow set up. It was at my friends business. The truck was purchased just to do plowing and a few milk runs here and there. Anyway here's the specifics. I don't really get into this type of work so I'm really like to get an idea what its worth and where I could sell it.
    2000 GMC 3500 Pick up 4x4 with automatic. V-8 5.7 engine A/C
    Regular cab (not extended)
    It has a western uni-mount plow that is 90" across (still has the flags)
    It has a snow Ex mini 575 salt box on the bumper and a back rack headache board. also has the yellow light on top. truck has 26,788 miles on it, looks and runs good. like brand new. I can't believe it! I have a Tahoe so it's pretty much the same thing. Only newer. All the controles are in and work. I'd like to sell it asap so if someone could help me price it that would be cool.
    Thanks for the help

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Anywhere between 5-8k for the truck depending on how quickly you want to sell it. Plow is 1-2k.

3. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

What trim package is it? W/T or SLE? Power windows, power locks, power seat, CD player, etc? Rust issues? I've seen clean late 90's GM's with 30-40,000 miles go for as much as $10-$12,000 (keep in mind those are spotless southern trucks that have never seen snow or salt, much less a plow). You can find rusty plow trucks with low miles on CL up in Jersey, PA, NY, New England for $3,000-$4,000 all day long though.

4. Krunt

Krunt Junior Member

Cool thanks! Guess I'll ask 11 and take 10. Don't t know muck about plowing to get involved although I'm usually laid off when it snows. Decisions....

5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

OK did you really "inherit" it or did you buy it off the yellow tag auction???

Since that exact truck was on there from a business liquidation.........

P.S. Ill buy it for the right price, that truck looked really clean
    Here's my number 610-393-8363

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  6. Krunt

Krunt Junior Member

That is correct and yes it is mint. Really don't need the setup so I'll sell it for a fair price.

7. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

If that truck is from a company off rt 63 in montgomeryville, the spreader is only a few seasons old and the plow was torn apart and completely redone a few seasons as well.

8. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, crazy a truck that old in good shape with such low miles.

9. Krunt

Krunt Junior Member

Yep, she's a runner. Got a couple guys interested guys interested in it. It's a cash only deal though. If not I'll keep it.

10. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

real cared for truck it was at the auction

11. Krunt

Krunt Junior Member

Didn't meet the reserve. Sold outright