1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gmc 3500 6.6 question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by exclusive, Nov 14, 2011.

1. exclusive

exclusive Member

hey guys i just brought a new 2011 gmc 3500hd dump truck i would like to know if i should get a programmer for it {banks/bully dog etc..} what are the benifits of them and which ones are good thanks

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I have the same truck. Put a banks air intake in the truck. Banks does not have anything for the computer yet.
  3. exclusive

exclusive Member

do you notice a difference and also do you know i have an air intake off of an 06 would it work
  4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Your warranty is out the window if you tune that puppy so be careful. GM can find out and is able to see if anything has been tampered with it.
  5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

If you want the best programer. You need to go wil EFI LIve. The only problem is that you will need a laptop and it is not as easy as plug and go.

There is a guy (DMaxTuner.com) that can get you all set up. Nick is a good guy and can help you along the way.
  6. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

The new 2011 series dmaxes are insanely powerful already.... if it were me I'd skip the tuner (soon as you plug it in you can kiss your warranty goodbye) until it's out of warranty....
  7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Other than for better mileage,why would you want or need a programmer on a Dmax dump??:dizzy:You have a fantastic power train there and you bought a TRUCK,a real truck,not a sports car.
  8. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I can't speak for him but I know that even when I am loaded or pulling a trailer, it sure is a lot of fun giving the little rice burners a good stop light run. Teach them a little bit about torque and horsepower. :laughing:
  9. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

As for programmers, Every mechanic I talk to tells me to stay away from them on any vehicle if you want the longevity out of them.

I sure there are others though with programmers that will say otherwise.

10. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

11. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I know Philbilly--I can relate,sometimes I do the same but I have a pickup,a small dump is a few notches over the threshold so to speak of a serious work truck[at least in my mind] if you catch my drift.Yes,the larger their exhaust tip and the more it extends past their rear bumper makes me love my large rear window decal even more from the DP that says''I LOVE DIESEL SMOKE''.:laughing: