1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC 2500HD, SoundOff LED, Hiniker V, 3000 Lbs of Sand!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by espyj, Nov 28, 2010.

1. espyj

espyj Member

First season plowing with this truck. Finally have most of the equipment on it. Here's what I've added:
    -Hinkier V-Plow
    -Timbrens on the front
    -SoundOff Signal LED Mini Lightbar (wired to the bed light, no extra buttons in the interior, just hit the bed light button and on comes the light!)
    -3000 pounds of sand in the bed in the one picture! Barely breaking a sweat!
    -Netbook mounted on a RAM-Mount
    -Plow controller mounted on custom mount
    -GPS mounted on custom mount

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Other than the Hinkier plow, thats is an amazing rig! Good luck this year!:waving:
  3. espyj

espyj Member

My choice was down to Boss & Hiniker, and my dealer support for Hiniker was better. I'm definitely not impressed with the mounting system right now. My next truck will have the Boss V Plow so I can compare the two.
  4. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

The pics are huge :nod: Looks good except your tires look like street tires.
  5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Thats a nice looking set up! I have a boss vxt and love it. The only thing is they say you can't put alot of weight in the back cause it will throw off how close the blades are to the ground. On a straight blade it doesn't matter.
  6. espyj

espyj Member

Yeah, the Michelins definitely aren't ideal for plowing, but they only have 20k miles on them. When I wear these out something a bit better for plowing will be going on it.
  7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Very nice truck...i really like your inside set-up
  8. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Really nice setup. That mobile office is pretty neat
  9. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Nice rig man! That rig can haul some serious weight!
  10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

what do you use that computer for when plowing ??
  11. espyj

espyj Member

The computer is used for multiple things:
    -It has mobile internet so we can use Bing Maps to view our lots from a birds-eye view. Its a great visual tool to remind drivers where obstacles are
    -I created an excel spreadsheet to track expenses in detail so there is never a question about billing. It includes arrived time, completed time, approx snowfall on site, any materials used (ie: sand & salt). It also helps to test productivity. By tracking specific on/off job times, I can see what my inefficiencies are. If my drive routes are inefficient, my ratios are off (time on the job vs time billed)
  12. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

There is nothing wrong with the Hiniker.....

I think it is a good plow ...
    What dose the mobile internet service cost you ???
  13. espyj

espyj Member

Nothing. I connect the laptop to my Blackberry via USB cable. I use an application called Tether to use my Blackberry's data plan to access the net. The application is $50 one time, but it goes on sale every couple months for 50% off.
  14. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Veryyyy NICE!!! So are you adding more trucks or just this one?
  15. niffen56

niffen56 Junior Member
    from indiana

very nice setup
  16. espyj

espyj Member

My next purchase is a dump truck. I need one for sanding/salting in the winter and light landscape in the summer. After the dump truck, then the Bobcat.
  17. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Wow! Got to say the Hiniker is far and away superior to every other trip edge on the market. Really nice setup on the truck.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

What don't you like about the mounting system?
  19. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth Member

Sweet! I love that laptop idea.
  20. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I really like that setup! That truck has a lot of weight on it! How are you spreading your salt right now?