1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gmc 2500hd runs hot

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevy$men, Jan 3, 2012.

1. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

i have a 2005 gmc 2500hd 6.0 reg cab western mvp plus i think the truck is all stock but whenever i drive over 50 it run hot with the plow on i have it in v & still run hot the only way it dont run hot is in scoop whats wrong ??? the truck is low in the front im thinking lift the front up ...and my trans temp gauge go high also what u guys think???
  2. yloflash

yloflash Junior Member

On my 03 I put a heavier duty clutch fan on, helped alot.
  3. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

ok thanks......
  4. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

5. herbert02

herbert02 Member

Did you guys need a special tool to remove the fan or can you get it loose with a large wrench?
  6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

there is a special tool for it,

but if you have an air chisel, you can pop it off real easy
  7. yloflash

yloflash Junior Member

I just used a BIG cresent wrench.
  8. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

I picked these up

A crescent wrench would be fine - just make sure it's a large one - the spanner wrench is really handy. After I replaced the fan clutch assembly (b/c of the same issue) I ended up having to replace the water pump and then both belts and then the power steering pump and than the lower intermediate steering shaft (each problem was a separate event) - which made the purchase of these tools that much better. Justified the purchase - by using it 5 times within a year)