1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC 2500HD Fisher MM2 Speedcaster 2

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ksland, Nov 19, 2005.

1. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Got everything all hooked up and outfitted.

I should enjoy plowing this year. This will be my 10th year plowing, and this is my best set up yet. I took on a few small sanding/salting jobs, we will see how that goes.

I have 4 hide away strobes installed as well. You can see the switches near the airbag shut off. One for front and one for rear strobes.

Anyone with a Speedcaster 2 able to tell me what setting you have the material door on for sand/salt mix?

2. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Another view

I am going to make a chute in the front of the dump insert, when I raise the dump it will refill the sander. Even if the chute hols only 1/3 yard, it will cut my hand loading in half, or even eliminate it.

3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Last One

Inside controls, switches

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

WOW, that is awsome, really cool idea with filling the spreader, fisher is awsome and i can't wait to get one! Great setup you have there!
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking set up.You should do well with it this season.
    Good Luck.
  6. Great setup, Fisher is the only way to go!!!!:drinkup:
  7. Dupesy

Dupesy Member

sweet looking rig, have fun!
  8. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

fisher setting

I usually run my speedcaster 2 with the gate open 2 screw heads..and the width all the way open..throws a lot to the drivers side, so parking lots take quite a few passes..otherwise a good unit.
  9. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

ksland where did u drill for the front strobes? I am thinkin in the left side in the high beam area. thanks
  10. btrussell

btrussell Member

Nice Truck

That is a really nice set up! I really like the way the newer chevys/gmcs look, and I can't wait till I can afford one... in 3 or 4 years.
  11. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I put the fronts in the daytime running lights, and the rears in the directionals.
  12. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Thanks for the info.
  13. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

Nice, job looks good.
  14. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

:drinkup: Thanks for the comments guys.
  15. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

sharp looking rig!:waving:
  16. JasonGUnderhill

JasonGUnderhill Junior Member
    from Camden

Sharp truck, good luck with it!!
  17. chris k

chris k Senior Member

I run mine a little over half way open. I will depend on the mix and how moist the product is. The only problem I have found with the spreader is that when using a mix it has a tendency to bridge where it starts to funnel. I am thinking about adding a vibrator this year. Also make sure that the belt is tight before you put the first load in, it is a pain to adjust on the truck. If you end up making that chute please post pics. Good luck.