1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC 2500HD and X-Blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by lakeeffect, Oct 9, 2006.

1. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Have a new 2006 GMC 2500HD 6.0 that I am putting my 8' X-Blade on. Do any of you guys that run this setup put Timbrens in? Had alot of front end sag compared to my Ford F-250 PSD I took it off. Granted I did not have my ballast in yet but still seemed excessive.

2. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Mine was fine, I just cranked my torsion bars up 5 turns.
    James

3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

You'll be okay with just proper ballast, but it can't hurt to add Timbrens. For around $150, they're good insurance.

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Don't listen to him he doesn't know what he is taking about! Actually cranking the bars is good advise, 5 max IMO. Just kidding James! lol

Add the Timbrins, well worth the money. My truck sags less than my buddy's 05 F-250 with the Timbrins with the same exact plow. I had the bars done first and It helped tremendously.

5. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I never cranked up anything and I'd only lose and Inch or so in height with the plow on. I have used ballast however(aprox 550lbs) behind the wheelwell.

That said, I'll also be installing timbrens if I can come up with the $ since I now have a vee box. I wouldn't sweat the timbrens though. You will gain an inch or better but that's about it.

If you've got the cash I'd install 'em. It is good insurance and you'll get a little extra clearance. ( I used to plow this rediculous drive where I'd drag or catch every time out. Wicked attack angle, anyway I upgraded my stock tires and went to the next size. Soon after, the property sold. I'd bet that I wouldn't catch any more.

Sometimes it is the small stuff.