1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC 2500HD, 7.5BOSS Straight, .....add wings???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DScapes, Jan 11, 2010.

1. DScapes

DScapes Member

Hey Guys,

I've been in the landscaping business for a few years now and have finally transitioned into a year-round business by adding a truck and plow.

I have pushed for various companies in the past with a few brands of plows but I LOVE my new BOSS. I've never plowed with anything but a straight blade and I've picked up a few apartment complexes where pushing snow to one side is not possible with spots/garages on either side. It takes forever to get snow pushed to the end with the straight blade as the runoff on either side gets pretty annoying on the 50yard stretches between garages!

My question is, how effective are the BOSS Wings (seen them for $700 online) VS. an off brand pair i've seen for $250 online.

Will the wings save that much time when pushing snow straight between obstacles and will they change technique of pushing snow to either side if you have a wide open lot?

Just trying to get some info if wings will truly make my job easier and the lots cleaner!

p.s. BOSS V- will definitely accompany my next rig. haha

2. DScapes

DScapes Member

here's a pic of the lot I did 1/8/10, we got a good 5inches to open up the short winter in columbus

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

See the other posting:

I vote for the Boss wings, personally. I have a set of the Pro Wings in a box here. Opened them up and said.... hmmmmm.... maybe I'll save them for my light duty plows! Then bought the Boss pieces.
  4. DScapes

DScapes Member

Thanks for the input, I saw that thread 5 mins after I posted, thanks for the re-direct!

I will most likely add the BOSS wings, I like the blade too much and why not pay for the name again with the wings, ha.

I got a great deal on that rig and plow so I figured with the money I saved there, i'll spend in quality additions.
  5. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

looks like you need a bigger plow for that lot
  6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Yeah, you definitely need the wings. I'm in the same spot as you. I got a little 7' 6" Western poly plow that we refurbished a year ago, and it is just too small. Problem is, I can't wing it without major modifications. Plus, it's just small for the work we do.