1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC 2500, Sno-Way 32 Series, Stainless Steel

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Groundwork, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

Just picked up the new plow tonight. Took one picture that came out so-so. I'll get some more when it's light out in the next couple of days.

New Plow.jpg

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Lookin' good!:drinkup:

3. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

Some more photos

Here are some more pictures that I took when it was daylight.

Front1.jpg

Front Plow Down.jpg

Side2.jpg

Side1.jpg

Back Of Plow.jpg

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

how much front end sag do you get with the plow up?? Nice truck!

5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

got a nasty bump in your drive. Nice set up

6. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

It sags a little bit, but it'll be fine once the salter is in the back for some ballast, and then I don't think it'll sag that much at all. At least not as much as my old Fisher.

7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I admit I was nervous about the Snow way when I talked to them last year. It does looks nice. I never saw one in person and have no experience with Snow way so It was personal choice to stay with Fisher.

Now that you touched it what's you impression of it? Quality, controller, hookups? obviously plowing comments will have to be updated.. hopefully soon.

It looks lighter made but that might not be a bad thing, The X blade may be total over kill.

The lights look very high, is it because the blade lifts higher than most?

Is that the model that the mold board comes out and yo can put a ploy one in there if you want?

8. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

Yeah, I was a little nervous myself about going from Fisher to Sno-Way, but the dealer support is great. I'm still kinda sceptical about the whole mold board triping, but he told me if it trips to easily all I have to do is tighten the springs up, which seams very easy to do. Quality seems to be top notch, hydraulics are a lot faster than the fisher was. It'll take some getting used to the wireless remote control, but it does respond very quickly. Hooking up seems to be easy enough, but like anything else it will take a little to get used to. It is lighter, the literature says it's about 200 pounds lighter, but you definitly can tell it's lighter. The lights are very high, a lot higher than the fisher was, I'm going to have to see if they need adjustment some night, actually when you lift the blade all the way up it blocks the headlights, should be good for stacking snow. All I have to do is remove the cutting edge and I can swap out the stainless skin with either the poly, or regular steel skin. That should also make it easier to touch up the plow frame with some paint in the off season. Looking forward to some snow to try it out.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Why did you go SS instead of poly?

10. Groundwork

Groundwork Member
    from Vermont

I've seen to many poly blades that were cracked, had holes, or discolored. Plus I really liked the looks of the stainless and there wasn't that much of a price difference between the two.

11. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Thanks for the very interesting information on them. I can't wait to see one in person.

Best of luck with it and I hope you have many years of reliable use. I'm sure the truck is happier with a lighter plow.