1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gmc 2500 Hd?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jone43, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Jone43

Jone43 Member

I need some help on something. Anybody out there have a GMC 2500HD with a plow on it? My concern is unlike my Chevy that has the bumper withthat plastic skirt, the GMC has that full painted hard plastic skirt. What I was wondering is, when hooking a Boss plow to the truck, will there be alot of trimming of the skirt or does the whole thing come off? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim.

2. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I have a western unimount and it doent touch it at all.

3. Jone43

Jone43 Member

My Western Ultra would hit either, but im not to sure about the Boss. Thanks for the info.

4. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

No trimming is required at all on the 2500HD. I have included a few pics of a buddys truck to view. :drinkup:

steve's2500hd 002edited.JPG

5. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

another.......

steve's2500hd 001_edited_edited.jpg

6. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

side view, last one

steve's2500hd 003_edited_edited.jpg

7. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

I have a 04 2500HD also and was wondering the same thing. I looks like if you dont trim you lose a lot of ground clearance. Do the Uni Mounts hang down as low as that boss? I had a fisher on a previous truck and it mounted at the hight of the recovery hooks so little ground clearance was lost. I think I would rather trim if this is the case.

8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

If you get westerns ultra mount you do not have to trim anything, and when the plow is off you can remove the receiver brackets, and lose almost zero clearance.

9. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Hey 2004Z1CC, I've modified your picture to show you where my Boss dealer put the two plugs on my 2500hd. I think this location protects them better but yours looks better.

steve's2500hd 002edited.JPG

10. Jone43

Jone43 Member

Thanks a ton guys. The guy I was asking the questions for greatly appreciates all your help. This site is real helpful. Jim.