1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gmc 2009 Boss vxt 9'2" and Salt Dogg set up

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firehog13, Dec 21, 2009.

1. firehog13

firehog13 Member

Here are some picks before the storm last week just before I went out to smash some snow around and have some fun doing it with the new set up. I Loved the way everything worked, made the night's and day's easier to get by when your comfortable doing it. I Also got to test out the new Firestone air bags in the back when the salter was loaded 3/4's and the Timbren front rubber blocks on the front with the plow on installed, I found it made a huge difference on the way the truck handle the extra weight. Cheers and plow safe out there boys!!!!tymusic

2. firehog13

firehog13 Member

Here some more pics

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Very Nice!! Looks great.
  4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, have fun plowing this season.
  5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great and good luck this winter.

HOLLYWOOD Member

I have an 09 also, my bump stops are already hitting so i turned them a few times.
  7. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Looks sweet man, New Chevy, Newer Boss, and Salt Dog (AKA Buyers) Same set up as me... Check out my pic thread...
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck.:drinkup:
  9. prostk2

prostk2 Member

Great looking set up-----how much did the airbag set ups cost you?----just curious
    Good luck plowing this year!!
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Thats awesome.
  11. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Very nice set up!
  12. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Nice set up. Now just cut that cannon of an exhaust pipe off and put a tuner on it. you won't regret it. U wull get major performance gains and increased fuel mileage
  13. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Nice truck! Did you install those air bags? If not, how much did you pay?
  14. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

awesome set-up! nice to see another IAFF member on plowsite!
  15. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

awesome set-up! nice to see another IAFF member on plowsite!
  16. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

i want that truck!!! by far the nicest on plowsite! hopefully next year i will have one just like it!
  17. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Now that looks really awesome now that everything is all set up, and the back window is fixed! ;)
  18. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

looks good. Love the VXT
  19. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Does it seem to ride stiff with the timbrens?
  20. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is a nice setup. I have the same airbags in my chevy and it took me about 3 hours to install them and $250.00 for the pair from trucksprings.com. I think it would ave taken me a couple of hours but if you dont follow the directions perfectly it does not go together correctly and you have to back track. Dont mean to highjack thread, but again that is a nice setup.ussmileyflag