1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC 2000 to 2007 2500HD Sierra

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bklawncare, Oct 14, 2014.

1. bklawncare

bklawncare Junior Member
    from Chicago

To any owner of a sierra what the heaviest plow u install
  2. bklawncare

bklawncare Junior Member
    from Chicago

I want to buy a Western MVP 3 OR Prodigy the MVP 3 weigh 940 and the Prodigy weigh 880
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Go with the mvp or wideout
  4. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Do you have a good front end repair shop? Not starting a debate. Just saying, that is a lot of weight on the IFS. Our plows on F350s and Dodge 3500s WITH Timbrens front and rear are 850-977lbs. Pre-Timbrens you could notice a difference. On the F350 w/ Timbrens we felt the 9'2" DXT was just a bit much. Not saying your truck won't handle it, but I would expect premature front end wear. Same goes for any truck with a plow. Just a bit sooner on trucks not designed for as much weight.
  5. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I had a blizzard 810 on my 05 gmc 2500hd back then I think the plow was about 1050lbs On a side note I did break my frame on my truck this past winter. some gms have gussets on the upper control are . Mine did not.
  6. CELandscapes

CELandscapes Senior Member

i ran a 9.2 boss poly v on my 06 sierra ccsb dmax last year with no problems. i believe it weighed 950lbs. just cranked the torsion bars. but i'm doing a daystar leveling kit in the next couple of weeks for a better ride.