1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GMC 1500 to plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by DrB, Nov 4, 2006.

1. DrB

DrB Junior Member

Hello,
    I ma new to the site
    I have a GMC 1500 regular cab, 6.5 bed. That I am looking to add a plow to. I will be plowing my home, and my families 3 offices lots( about 20 spaces a lot - asphalt)

Thanks

DrB

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Look @ my info thats all i plow with and 90% is commercial. payup

3. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Shouldn't have any problems. Been plowing with a half ton for years, just be carefull.

4. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i had a 2000 gmc 1500 i installed a Meyer stl 7.5 plow and ive plowed right next to my one ton with it, the only thing i did was add studded snows, or just snow /mud tires and a 30 gal plastic tote filled with sand in the back, the truck was great to plow with, i also added timbrens, both front and rear but that was for towing my trailer, the truck i have was with the heavy duty stock springs, it was considered the heavy half ton option by gm...

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Should be fine....I recommend a BOSS Standard Duty 7'6". You will love it!:)

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

A 1/2 ton equipped with the proper plow can make for a great snow removal tool. Keep in mind that it is not a 3/4 or 1 ton so don't abuse it. You should consider a Sno-Way plow for your GMC. Less overall weight on the front axle coupled with our patented hydraulic down pressure system and you would have a great snowfighting machine. To learn more visit our factory website at http://www.snoway.com .