1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GM Towing mirrors swap...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Jun 8, 2009.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I'd like to put towing mirrors on my truck (in my signature). It currently has power mirrors (the standard mirrors), but no heat. If I were to buy mirrors offline, with the heated mirrors- would they fit? I can't seem to find power mirrors without the heat.

Is it a direct swap from the regular power mirrors to the towing (rectangular mirrors with "2" mirrors in each unit)?

How does the lower (convex) mirror adjust?

Anyone know a good place to get them besides ebay or the stealer?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

All the info you need is on dieselplace.com. Do a search on there...it's a GM truck site. Lots of good stuff on there.

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Does your truck have rear defrost? For some reason I remember reading something about the rear defrost button also turns on the heated mirrors but I'm not sure if I'm remembering that correctly. Everything is plug and play so even if your truck doesn't have it you can get the mirrors that are heated, they just won't work.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Will's right. Plug and play, the lower mirror is manual, so is extend. Lastly, yes....rear defrost means heated mirrors.

Ebay mirrors are pretty decent from what I've seen so far, especially for the price. Obviously OEM is better if you can drop $800 on mirrors.