1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GM to FORD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Ford Pusher, May 31, 2009.

1. Ford Pusher

Ford Pusher Junior Member

I am looking to put a 2001 Minute Mount on my 2005 Ford F150. It comes off a 1998 GM 1500. I know I'll need a wire harness kit for the headlights and a different push plate setup for the frame. Where do I find this stuff used and is it a problem to do.
    Thanks for any help!

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

2 plug or 3 plug? This info is needed

3. Ford Pusher

BigDave12768
    it's a 2 plug
    Ford Pusher

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

i dont think you'll be able to put a two plug system on that truck. By the three plug set up and convert the plow to a three plug.

5. Ford Pusher

Over the weekend I opened the hood and laid the wire harness over the engine to see where things might fit. I had a connection point for all the ends that need connecting. You may be right but it looks like it will work. We'll see?!?

6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

You can use a two plug system, but you will have to deal with the lighting harness being different from Chevy to Ford, which may cause you a major modification , B&B might be able to tell you what your in for.

Most guy's just switch over to a three plug system with the Isolation module, which will also require you to change over your plow headlamps as well. If memory serves me correctly the two plug system has a 7 or 9 pin light plug whereas the 3 plug system will require a 11 pin lighting plug.

Before I did anything I'd be looking for some input from guy's like, B&B, Crash, or Basher, there might be a simple solution to the early two plug system.

Jay

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The 05 F150 uses a H13 bulb and DD didnt make a relay harnes for the H13's which is a totally diferent plug than the HB1/HB5 bulbs. A 4 port iso kit would be part #28400

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Crash has it covered. Need to upgrade to an Iso setup (three plug) on a truck that new and with that bulb configuration. So of course you'll need to switch the plow over to three plug as well. Figure on spending some $$$ unless you dig around for something used.

I may have a like new complete truck side Iso wiring setup for your truck around here. I'll check if you'd be interested.