1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GM recalling 2014 trucks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by grandview, Jan 10, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Good on GM for recognizing a problem and fixing it.
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

In this case I don't think they have a choice..
  4. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

General Motors announced Friday that it's recalling some 370,000 trucks in North America because of a fire risk.

The affected models include 2014 Chevy Silverados and GMC Sierra full-size trucks. GM (GM, Fortune 500) said the vehicles had problems with their software that could lead to the overheating of exhaust components and cause fires.

GM said it had confirmed eight fires that have resulted from this issue so far, though no injuries.

"All occurred in areas with very cold weather," the automaker said.

Related: Tesla to upgrade overheating chargers

Drivers will be alerted about the problem by mail, and can take the affected vehicles to dealerships starting next week for free repairs.

In the meantime, GM urged owners of the trucks in question "to avoid leaving their trucks to idle unattended."

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

My buddies ford expedition was recalled for something similar. Apparently, at some point in the past, Ford trucks used to catch fire from I believe an ignition switch issue ???

They said that if you owned one of these particular year trucks that you should NOT park it in a garage, as it may burn the house down.

Not really surprising.... although unexpected at the least.
  6. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

well aleast I know not to buy that 014 denilli hd I was looking at in the spring!
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think it was the cruise control.
  8. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

and now I seen they won truck of the year how did that happen
  9. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

They paid the most. Lol
  10. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

gettem while there hot

11. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

GM has absolutely the worst track record of anything non-soviet when it comes to taking the steps needed to recall vehicles. This new 1.6 million cars recall over a faulty ignition switch (that they knew about since... 2004) is a perfect example.
  12. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

always been a chevy guy except for a 66 valiant and a 70 bobtail bronco
    but am really considering a jeep. gm is really pissing me off with the quality and business practices...