1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GM Realtree concept truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by obrut, Apr 27, 2012.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Anyone notice the winch mounted in the front bumper on the realtree concept truck? Any information on this? I tried looking in the GM upfitter site but couldn't find any info. Looks like a clean way of moutning a winch.
  2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

You mean it has a bumper instead of the tin foil they call a stock bumper
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No pic? We have to search to know what you're talking about? I'm WAY too lazy for that!
  4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like they fabbed a mount and cut a hole in the lower bumper for it. I believe that's a factory bumper. I know there are companies that make kits to mount winches in/behind factory bumpers on the Fords, but the bumper ends up sitting a couple inches further forward, not as clean as the setup in the pictures..
  6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Looks to me thats where the front license plate would go.
  7. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

It's a beautiful truck, I wish they'd offer the regular ones with black plastic grilles and bumpers instead of the chrome. The black plastic looks too excessive on half tons but on this it'd look perfect.
  8. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I think it looks like the stock bumper and they cut out where the license plate bolts on. Thats why I like it, factory bumper with the winch behind it. So no info on the mount, must have been a oneoff made for the truck.