1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GM Owners unite - Fisher or Western

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Bottom line best plow for the 03-04 Chevy line. Other plow owners need not reply. I hear Fisher one minute, Western the next. Who leaves the most ground clearance, is more durable, more serviceable on the newer trucks. :dizzy: Pics will help decide this!!

For reference, my 7.5RD MM2 will be installed next week. Glad I made the decision I did, but I caught a glimpse of an 01 HD with a Western mount on today and it looked pretty slick. :nod:

Later,
    Bad Luck :D

2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

:rolleyes: Sorry you did not want to hear about the best plows. :p

3. George C

George C Senior Member

I guess oinions vary on the best, but I'm not interested in the latest wizz-bang complex plows now available. Correct me if I'm wrong, but usually the scissor type lift offers less ground clearence. My installer owns a Hiniker "C" plow, and hates it because he's been stuck with it so many times with it. He's selling it for an XBlade.
    Either the Fisher or the Western would be a good purchase.
    I just bought a new XBlade. My neighbor owns a new Western. Both are very good.

4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Bolts - I had a feeling you would have somethng to say in this one!!! :rolleyes:

5. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

Western or Fisher same company, same plow why decide

6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

...because I needed to think about something at 2am to get my mind off the fact that the Yanks dropped 4 straight to the :gunsfiring: Sox!!

7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Do you want a trip edge or a full trip?

8. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

I bought a Fisher, therefore it must be the best! :nod:

9. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Not much sweeter than the Sox taking the penant in game 7 at Yankee Stadium.

Reverse the Curse

10. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

RatLover - Eitehr way it's going to take a beating....

wfd44 - The sun shines on a even a dogs a$$ once a day... :drinkup:

11. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Well fisher is a trip edge and western is a full trip. Some like full trip some like trip edge. personal oppinion. Do you know what you prefer or have you ran both?

And it donst matter who goes since we all know the Cards are going to win the WS :D

12. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

And when it comes time to choose between the World Series and the Chase for the Cup I know where I will be!!!

:gunsfiring: 24 :gunsfiring: 97

13. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Back when I was in HS I ran a full trip Meyer on an old K5 I had. I'm a firm believer that at this weight class they're all the same. I big seller for me is off season looks without having to take the whole thing off.

On a another upsetting sports note...the Giants just lost to Detroit...hopefully the Jets will pounce the Pats!!!! :redbounce