1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GM Navigation radio problem's

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by powerjoke, Sep 13, 2008.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i wanted a NAV-RAD for my '08 and it wasnt available on the standard cab's

so the parts dept. sells them for $1900 as a "kit"

one of the yard's that we deal with happened to have a denali with a navrad....so i put it in my truck, fit nicely and pluged in good etc.

but when i tried to unlock it with my Tech2 i couldnt unlock it :confused: so i took it to a freind of mine that runs the GM shop and they hooked the truck up to the big re-programer ( huge desktop pc) to try to download a new program in the truck and radio but still nothing.:(

so after doing a little research i found out that..... the nav rad's are only good for ONE vehicle and are unlockable for use with any other vehicle that it was installed in when it was new, even the radio rebuilder's dont mess with these....they just send a new one to the customer and send the damaged ones back to the manufacture.

now back to the part's dept radio.....if you buy the $1900 kit you can put it in a vehicle of youre choice but.....it can't be removed and placed in another one :rolleyes:

kinda sucks don't it

PJ

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

In the words of Homer Simpson

D'oh!

3. powerjoke

LOL.

does anyone know of a good looking aftermarket radio that will interface with my XM?

i need a keyless start too,.....so maybe you northern boy's have some experiance with good/bad one's?

PJ

4. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

I have 2 different makes of remote starters, you get what you pay for.
    Gee I couldn't tell you who makes them off the top of my head.

Pay close attention to the distance that they will work for some it's not very far.

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

i dont know anything about those kind of units. But your calendar still says July :D

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I thought you said that truck gets 8mpg, why in the heck would you need Nav, if you don't take it anywhere. LOL You should really get auto steer, that way it can take you home from the bar at night.:D

7. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

it's like this,

PJ is driving out of his driveway,
    he glances down at the fuel gauge and notices that he only has 3/4 of a tank.

He clears his though then asks the NAV,
    " nearest gas station"....

That's why he needs one...lol:waving:

8. powerjoke

i need turn by turn direction's ocasionally.......sometime's i go to other/new bar's :D lol

9. DKG

DKG Senior Member

Jd's just jealous,he doesn't have one.:D

10. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

what? a bar to go to...hahaha....