1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GM Introduces You pay what We pay

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Check it out fockers.

GM employee price for ANYONE AND EVERYONE buying a new Chevy or GMC truck from now to 7/5/05.

Happy Buying!!! :waving:
  2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Saw that...dang if I had an extra $30K laying around I'd snap up that deal.

How's things out east? Been busier then crapola here...ready for a vacation.

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Buck!!! What's up buddy!?? Layin' low until winter. I've been tossing the idea around of selling my truck and getting a 3/4 ton. Know anyone that wants a 1/2 ton???

Anything good planned for vacation? I'm actually heading to the jersey shore for the weekend.

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I wish I could lay low for a while... :dizzy: Not a bad idea moving into a 3/4 ton. I'd do it but my truck has been paid off for 2 years and it's NICE not having a truck payment. :nod:

No big plans for a vaca yet. I have a baseball tourney to run this weekend but I'm going to throw the boat in the water tomorrow evening and do some fishing. Took the family out tonight for a little cruise around the lake...awesome out there tonight. Have a good weekend buddy!

5. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

i just got my 2500 2 mths ago that sucks :cry:
  6. z71offroad

z71offroad Junior Member

Sweet Deals

I'm lookin at a '05 2500HD reg. cab 8ft bed with the 6.0. Plow prep, hitch, pwr doors and locks, AM/FM and CD. Regular price is $31,200 and it's now only $23,500 w/ the new discount! I wasn't gonna get a truck til next year but I think I just might have to jump on this deal.
  7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

That's a no-brainer! We better see pics of the new ride no later then Tuesday this next week... :D

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I mow the local GMC dealer here in Forest Lake.

I've always been a Dodge guy, currently have a 2002 Dodge 2500 / cummins, and a 2003 Dodge 2500 / cummins.

My '02 has about 62,000 miles on it, and I've been watching the prices / rebates / interest rates lately since the '06's will start hitting the lots soon.

The other night when I was mowing the GMC dealer, they had a 2005 Sierra HD crew cab with the Duramax / Allison combo, leather, XM radio, all the bells and whistles that listed for just over $48,000. The "employee" price that they list on the window was just over $37,000.

Today I went and drove it, and the salesman I was dealing with has been trying for the last 8 years I've been mowing the dealership to get me into a GMC and out of my Dodge.

Well, anyways, last week I went to the Dodge dealer and on a truck that listed for $41,105, I got them down to $12,500 and my truck.

Today I told that to the GMC guy and they ended up saying they'd be within $1,000 of that trade difference. That puts me into a $48,000 vs a $41,000 truck for $1,000.

The kicker is the guy that's been trying to sell me a truck from GMC, he asked me if I was going to put a plow on it, and of course I said yes.

He said that Allison won't warranty the truck if I put a plow on it and basically said go head back to Dodge, because he doesn't want me to buy a truck and drive it off the lot without a warranty.

Anyone else hear of this??
  9. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Actually, GM won't warranty the truck. They do not offer the plow prep on CC trucks with the D/A combo. There are alot of guys on here that run extend cab with the D/A combo with the plow package and have no problems. You can put a blade on there and the truck will handle it fine, it's just that GM won't warranty it.

I was out at the local GM dealer today, and for those trying to figure out the discount, it is about 23% off of the sticker price. I am very tempted myself.

10. mdd

mdd Member

i grabbed a 2500hd ext cab short bed Ls sticker 37k for 28k+ tax today :bluebounc
  11. Chevy05

Chevy05 Member

BAD LUCK LISTEN IN!!! I am looking for a truck......What you want for it? Let me know Thanks, Ryan
  12. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Voiding a warranty isn't necessarily so. Could be that the dealer was blowin smoke up my butt.

I went to the dealer last weekend and does it seem like they only offer the discount on some trucks and not all? I was dissappointed that some of the cc duramax allisons still were 47-50k. Just need a ext. cab short box.
  13. LwnmwrMan22

Maybe they just didn't have the new "sticker" in the window of the other truck yet??

All the vehicles have the discount as long as they're a GM product.
  14. LwnmwrMan22

Another update now with the warranty issue.

My salesman at the place I mow, he called me last night saying that he called the factory and the factory said it's an engineering decision. If you don't get a snow plow prep package on your truck, and you hang a plow on it, they won't honor the warranty, for anything.

My salesman and the sales manager then tracked down the regional rep for GM, and talked to her.

They ended up getting a fax sent over that states that if Dodge and Ford both honor their warranties if you put a plow on, that GM WILL honor their warranty, they don't want to lose a sale just because of the warranty issue.

I guess this means that the GMC is back in the mix now.

What I'm going to find out now is if they'll warranty it for 70k miles like Dodge, or just the standard 36k.