1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GM Frame Gussets

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by DieselSlug, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

You sold the 6.5?

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

You beat me to it.

4. DieselSlug

Unfortunately I did sell the 6.5. I’ve accepted a new job that won’t allow me to run a quality snow removal business for my customers. My commute has become over 100 miles a day, so I needed to get a newer truck. I purchased a 2011 F150 FX4 last fall and have hardly driven the plow truck. I took it to my buddies for rear u joints and found several structural issues with the truck. I didn’t feel comfortable running the business with equipment like that. With the new job I have no time to swap frames/bodies. So unfortunately it was the smarter thing to do in my situation. Ended up selling the truck for $2K. I really don’t miss it now, but I know I will come winter. Wrote up some letters to all my customers thanking them for being loyal to my business. WIll be looking for a new plow truck when i buy a house, sick of apartment living.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like a good move and best of luck. I think somebody is getting a deal with those gussets!

6. DieselSlug

Thank you!

7. DieselSlug

SOLD! Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.