1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GM alternator

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Blazin, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Anyone know a parts place that carries a quality high amp alternator, 130 /140 amp? All my parts places around here can only get a 94 amp one for my 86 K30!
    Harold.

2. bbs08

bbs08 Junior Member

I have a local electrical shop rebuild mine. They can also change the stator plate, I believe it is called, to get more output from it. It is much cheaper than a new one or even a rebuilt from a parts store. A couple of years ago my dads 4 wheeler starter went bad and a new one from the sports center was $210.00. I brought it to johns auto electric and they rebuilt it for $38.50. They even had the parts on hand......nice!

3. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Yes, go to a rebuild shop. I've had alot of stuff rebuilt. A meyer plow motor, a Salt Dogg spinner motor, etc. These guys do everything from starter motors for farm tractors to alternators. My guy knows his stuff, treats me fair and honest!:D

4. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Look up powermaster motorsports online they carry 140 and 200 amp alts.

5. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

I had already called two places plus the parts stores when I posted this. Was kinda looking to see if you guys had any ideas about chain stores or online you had good luck with. A buddy of mine used one of the places to rebuild his winch motor. I had used the other in the past for a John Deere loader starter. I took mine to him he is going to rebuild it to 140 amps for under $100. Had to order the parts out of Memphis so it will be Monday before I get it back. I have plenty or parts trucks so I will swap on a used one until then. Mine was still charging but when it got hot the plow wouldn't't work unless you turned off all the lights!!!