1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Glow Plugs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PabstBlueRibbon, Sep 4, 2010.

1. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Hey guys, I am gonna replace my glow plugs this weekend. I remember a while back reading about them and that there was one company you should not use. I searched and could not find it. What plugs do I not want to use?

2. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

You'll want to buy motocraft glow plugs. They are made by beru.

Using any other type of glow-plug is crazy as they tend to swell and break off. Serious amount of $$$ and damage if this happens.

3. PabstBlueRibbon

Luckly enough i can pull my own motor. Still its alot of time! Who carries MotorCraft?

4. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I bought my Motorcrafts at Autozone for $5.39 a piece. They changed part numbers on the glowplug that was making their computer systems mark them down to a penny a piece, so there was a big deal over them for a while. But they should have them, I think the Autolight glowplugs were the ones they were saying to stay away from.

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I just did them Avoid the autolites. Although all mine came out fine and had no swelling. The only place I could find Motorcrafts was from Ford. Paid $15 a piece. Peace of mind though over cheaper ones. Autozone etc is no longer authorize to carry them from what I understand.

6. PabstBlueRibbon

O'riley's had them for me with in the hour. I pulled out 8 Autolites and I cringed on each one.