1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

glow plug relay

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by FISHERBOY, Dec 3, 2007.

1. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

how often should a glow plug relay be replaced or can it be tested, because mine went bad in my 99 f-250 dsl- i jumped it with a screw driver to get home :dizzy:

2. cjcocn

cjcocn Member

Check the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forums for particulars on the GPR for your diesel. They have a 99-03 7.3 PSD section. There is a lot of great info there.

http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/

The link above provides info on changing to a bigger relay that will last you and includes instructions for changing it out.

HTH

3. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

The cheaper ones ones are a yearly replacement item. Get yourself a good quality Stancor unit. They are the best avaliable.
    NAPA would be my 2nd choice. They have 2 different ones. GPR110 and GPR109. The 110 is a direct replacement for the 99 and newer. The 109 is for the 94-97 but will work on the newer trucks. You just have to strech the wires a little as it is clocked 90* from the OE position. The 109 is about $30 and the 110 is $90 so if you are comfortable with a slight adjustment you can save yourself a couple of $$