1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Glad i don't have any customers this nuts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Precedence, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Precedence

Precedence Senior Member

2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Some people are nuts. Especially the people who say a windshield costs $2500

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Windshield repair, seat or back window since bullet didn't magically stop at the windshield and hazmat team to clean the poo/pee out of the upholstery. So $2500 sounds about right. :laughing:

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

What a moron....

What is wrong with people anyways?

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

he is lucky it was not me!.....just saying

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Found in the spring snow thaw ,dead mans body

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

maybe you should call em up and tell them you can do the repair cheaper.

8. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Not if they haul the snow out and dump it in river.....

9. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Would have been cute if the plow guy had a gun too and shot him... then who's in trouble?

Not that long ago, heard about a case (I believe it was here in Canada somewhere) where some kids tried firebombing a guys house. He was awake and able to put out the fire before it spread, then fired a few shots into the air to scare them away. When he called the cops to report the attempted arson, he was arrested for (I think it was) discharging a weapon within city limits... talk about stupidity.

10. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Considering its a jcb the windshield probably is 2500 after installation. Not like you can call safelite and have them come replace it.

11. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Have you ever bought glass/doors/windshields for a backhoe?

12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Dumb people.

13. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

It said windshield in the report. Also It did not say if it was a BB gun or .357. One can never assume.

14. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Cat payloader 938 was around 1500 and that glass was flat. Thats curved and as stated its a JCB so 2500 is not out of the question.

15. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

WTF!!? Thats absolutely out of control!

16. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

You deal with out of control clients.....if this was you, and you took the bullet, you'd be plowing snow in two days!

17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You may want to listen to these guys beanz, JCB parts are far from cheap. I have a 212SU (minus the hoe) and nothing is cheap on them. Parts come from England.

Apparently the nuts are the ones who don't know what they're talking about.

Anyways, had this guy come at me with a gun, whether I was in a JCB or truck, he would not have been able to ever hold a gun again.

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

19. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

20. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

I was channel-surfing the other night, and ran across HLN just in time to hear Nancy Grace saying to a defense attorney something about "Why do you keep saying he had a license to carry a concealed weapon? Any nut off the street can get one of those." So the 39-y/o moron in the original story just contributed to all the law-abiding CHL holders being painted with that brush. :mad:
    That guy who shot at the backhoe shouldn't be allowed to have sharp objects or matches, either.

Cases like that will be remembered by mainstream media and politicians, while ones like the mom in Detroit will be ignored.