1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Glad for no snow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Todd, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Big Todd

Big Todd Senior Member

Well, another storm missed us by that much... The weather guys actually admitted that they weren't sure of the exact track of the storm that is moving through Northern Ohio and Southern Michigan right now. They said that there was a possibility of it coming north enough to give us some this afternoon, but so far it hasn't snowed a flake today. So here I am sipping a frosty one and poking around on plowsite...

I took the plows off from my truck tonight, partly out of principal and partly so that I can manuver around the Church more easily lot in the morning.

And I can say that I am somewhat relieved. I had the whole day to catch up on some much needed repairs without having the preasure of seeing it snowing outside.

Last week when we had our "blizzard" for the season, (a foot + of snow in about 4 or 5 hours) I had two trucks to fix. On one of them, I had to jurry rig a bunch of stuff just to get her on the road, and then she had other problems later that night. So I was thankful to have the time to fix it right.

Now we've got everyone fixed up (3 out of 5 trucks had debilitating problems durring that last one) so we are all set for March to "come in like a lion".;) :waving:

2. drobson

drobson Senior Member

I'm with you on that one. I have had enough time to take care of anything that needed fixing and to cleanup everything. So now it's time for another storm. Of course I'd be happy with 6-8" this time, no need for another 20".

3. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Hey Todd,

You have to admit its been a good year so far. I have had a week now to catch up on my office work, Lawn care bids, ect. Put a new deck on my trailer today. So now I am ready. I looked back on the past two years and we had at least 4-5 plows each year in March, so we still have hope.

:drinkup:

4. Grazzmazter1

Grazzmazter1 Junior Member
    from .

We got hit by the storm that missed you by a weee bit. We pry have around 6" with bad drifting. High winds are making it deep in some spots. I just drove around and drooled at all the other plow trucks out, wishing it was me. Ha!

5. Big Todd

Big Todd Senior Member

Hey Greenquest, what's up?

This is only the second weekend since Christmas that we have not been out plowing...

I remember about four years ago, we had the biggest storm of the season in March. And a couple of years ago (the last "el nino" winter) we had more plowing events in March than any other month. So yeah, we haven't parked any of the trucks yet...:D

By the way, I see Tom from time to time, when are you going to break something and come and see me?:D We need to organize another W. Mich get-together and have a few more folks show up this time:drinkup:

6. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Hey fellows glad the west side of the states getting a fair share cause the middle lower is just the pitts again this year , flint is about 50 miles from here and they were getting it good has i was told from a flint spotter first hand , They had the tricitys in the 2-4 range all day, i have lost about all faith in weather people even intellicast radar would of made you think we were getting slamed not a flake , We are clearly running out of time iam not even sure if a good march could plug the holes in this sinking ship, I honestly always felt snow buss was fairly risky but somewhat ression proof , for a multiple fleet it is a disaster, when we had a couple of trucks it was no big deal to have a lean winter but clearly looking like downsizing may end up being the order of buss this next year, So i guess what GW Bush hasnt taken from me mother nature is gonna steal the rest.

7. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Fred

I hope Mother Nature bails you out with lots of plowable snow

8. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

I wish we could get the snow, have been missed by the last couple of storms, and haven't plowed since the end of January. Been able to put salt down a couple of times, but thats about it. Time for us to get dumped on again, need more money.

John

9. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Hey Todd,(and Todd),

I was in Detroit working yesterday, and man it was quite a storm. The driving from GR to Novi and back was horrible. I got home about 1 am, worried about having to plow, but it wasn't a problem, as you know. About Portland, it was like flipping a switch, and the snow was gone ! I really think they dont have a clue about snow removal anywhere east of Lansing ! What a joke, both the roads and lots !