1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Giving my 6.0 "2 thumbs UP"

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Earthscapes, May 27, 2003.

1. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

After all the complaining i did when i first got the truck,now that it has 12000 miles on it she runs great. I noticed a big difference around 7200 miles ,,but now it has really picked up. No problems pulling the bobcat or the 24' Haulmark around. Over the weekend went down to Owego (475 miles round trip) with the Haulmark, set the cruise at 78 mph and was getting about 9 mpg. I'm very happy with it and don't miss my 8.1/Allison at all.

3 dealer repairs so far:
    new clutch fan
    4x4 switch was replaced,,cause it wouldn't go into 4x4

Later all :dizzy:
  2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut PlowSite Veteran

I have a 6.0 in my '03 2500HD. I also pull a 24' Haulmark. Around 6500-7000lbs loaded and I can still keep up with traffic without flooring it. I get around 9 MPG around town, and it always seems I'm sitting at a red light. 7,000 miles so far. Hopefully I can get 150,000 out of her before I have to put much money in.