1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Giving estimates- who brings an "actual snow depth" sheet?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Dustball, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

I've been thinking after reading through the many posts on this board- a lot of customers really don't have any idea how deep snow is when trying to decide on what the trigger should be.

I think it would be a good idea when going on a sales call to bring with you a sheet of paper that shows maybe an actual size outline of a shoe and next to it, marked gradients of snow depth by the inch. This would show people who think 2 or 3" is a good trigger but when they see it compared to an actual shoe size, it would change their mind to a lower trigger amount.

Good idea?

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I've brought a tape measure before, but that is a good idea. Amazing how people have no clue how much 2" of snow really is.

3. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Advantage is right, it is amazing. I usually tell customers that 99% of other customers have 2" triggers, and if they have no idea what the hell they are talking about (which they don't) they usually say "Oh, ok 2" is fine".