1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Give me the basics on a hide away system

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by snowdays, Oct 19, 2009.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have an '08 Superduty that I would like to install a hideaway system on. I have looked online at several kits. 90watt bulbs seem common. I assume that this is adequate. I have seen kits before that are barely bright enough to see over the normal running light bulb when on. Is 15 feet usually enough cable for an extended cab truck? Any manufacturers or kits seem to stand out from the pack? Anyone installed a kit on this exact truck? Another thing I thought of was to install the front strobes in the plow signal lights instead of the truck. Would this give you less reflection from the back of the blade. Thanks.

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

90 watt is perfect. 15 feet will be fine. i highly recomend whelen. they are a little more expensive than some chinese brands but they are a quality product, have a 5 year warrenty, and are made in the US. installing them in the plow lights is a good idea and yes it will keep flashback down. just get a good set of weatherproof connectors and ur good to go. are u going to go with a 4 head kit or a 6 head? im a fan of the 6 head which allows u to run 4 strobes to the rear. just alittle busier.

3. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

15 feet ain't gonna get you the passenger front or passenger rear....20 min. there.