1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Give me some pros and cons

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by LB Landscaping, Nov 12, 2003.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I am looking at getting a sander for the coming season. Don't do too much sanding now but I am bidding some commercial properties that will want sand/salt spread. I was looking at a tailgate spreader but I'm not sure if it will suit my needs. How large a lot can I expect to do with a hopper (looking at a larger tailgate spreader). You tailgate guys give me some feedback. Actually if you have a V-box give me your feedback too.

2. EIB

EIB Senior Member

If you want to spread salt and sand, or both you need a two stage spreader. Like Pro Flo 2, that is what I have. Singe stage units won't handle wet sand or salt/sand mix. If I had a choice I would buy a V box. There was a V box for sale here on PlowSite. It was a 8000 SnowEx.